Wednesday, February 01, 2012

pink lemonade--Humble Quilts quilt-a-long

Thanks again to Lori at Humble Quilts for her delightful quilt-a-long with this project.
I really enjoyed using some of my special brown and pink fabrics--about 6 fabrics are from repurposed shirts. My nod to the lemonade part of the challenge was one little half block of yellow fabric. Head over to her blog to see many other takes on this pattern.
The back is this wonderful print of double pears from Moda. I machine quilted it in parallel squiggle lines.
And, it was bound with some leftover binding I had on spools!

11 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my gosh! I love the setting fabric and the touch of yellow!!It is one of my favorites!!

Cathy said...

I love seeing all the different fabrics used to make this quilt. Love it. Hugs

Jan said...

Really nice; I like it, too!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great quilting idea!

Karen said...

The check fabric looks good. A very pink, Pink Lemonade.

Jeanne said...

Love the checked fabric! Great quilt.

Libby said...

Very pretty!

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Cute! Love the pears on the back. :)

Lesley said...

Nicely done! Really fun to see a different color added!

Janet O. said...

I love what you did with this little quilt. Great setting square fabric. Just beautiful!

libbyquilter said...

i missed seeing this one and it's so cute~!!~and what's not to love about that pear fabric that you used as backing~!?!~
nice to visit your blog and see a kindred spirit.

:-)
libbyQ